Looking for a light and refreshing lunch? My Tilapia Lettuce Wraps are perfect! These lettuce wraps pack a punch and crisp with the lettuce. You’ll enjoy these lettuce wraps!
Tilapia Lettuce Wraps
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and diced (or jalapeño pepper)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds tilapia fillets
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 8 large Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
light sour cream
*Optional ingredients not included in nutritional calculations.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the oil, onions, serrano pepper, and garlic, cooking for 2-4 minutes or until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the fish to the skillet, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until all of the fish turns white and flakes easily with a fork.
- Turn the heat down to low, and break the tilapia up with a fork or spatula in the skillet. Add the tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper and gently stir together cooking an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Scoop ⅓ cup of the tilapia mixture into each Romaine leaf and evenly top with the red cabbage and avocado slices. Garnish with an optional dollop of light sour cream and additional lime wedge for serving.
- Each lettuce wrap is 4 ounces of tilapia, 2 tablespoons of red cabbage, and ¼ of the avocado. Serve 2 lettuce wraps with optional light sour cream, as desired.
Smart Points: 6
- Serving Size: 2 lettuce wraps
- Calories: 359
- Sodium: 281mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 49g
- Cholesterol: 114mg