I’ve never been a big fan of tuna in a can. But these Tuna Cakes are delicious and they will change your mind like they did mine! Old Bay® Seasoning added to the cakes bring a burst of flavor to these cakes. And you know how I like my tangy sauces, my chipotle mayo is the cherry on top to bring these Tuna Cakes together.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes (1 hour refrigeration)
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3 — 3 oz pouches chunk light tuna
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup plain Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ Tbsp Old Bay® Seasoning (I used Old Bay® Seasoning Rub)
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 egg whites
- • ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- • 1 tsp chili powder
- • 1 tsp lime juice
- In a medium size bowl, fork out tuna from all 3 pouches. Combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate tuna mixture for 1 hour before forming into patties (this helps the patties stick together better).
- Form into 4 equal size patties. Spray a medium size skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Cook tuna patties over medium-low heat for about 3 minutes on each side or until both sides are golden brown.
- For Chipotle Mayo: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
- To serve, top tuna cakes with Chipotle Mayo.
- Serving Size: 1 tuna cake, 1/2 Tbsp Chipotle Mayo
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 765mg
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 13g