You’re about to reach sweet potato heaven with this fun alternative to sweet potato casserole. I scooped out the sweet potato centers, added nonfat Greek yogurt, cinnamon, brown sugar, and nutmeg, and the result is divine. You won’t be missing the extra calories and fat from traditional sweet potato casseroles when you bite into this perfectly portioned goodness!
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 mintues
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mintues
- Yield: 8
4 medium sweet potatoes
½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
64 mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Wash the potatoes and dry them on a paper towel, then poke several holes in them with a fork, and brush the oil on the outsides of them.
- Wrap each potato in foil, place them on a baking sheet, and bake until fork-tender, 40-60 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350° F after taking the potatoes out of the oven.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to touch, cut them in half lengthwise, and scoop out the centers into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the yogurt, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the mixing bowl with the scooped-out potato centers. Mix in a stand mixer (or handheld mixer) until smooth.
- Evenly spoon the mixture back into the potato skins, and top with chopped pecans and 8 mini marshmallows.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the marshmallows are toasted and melting.
Smart Points: 4
- Serving Size: 1 filled potato half
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 36mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 1mg